We changed a few things from our original charted rubric, it’s not a huge change, just some vegetable changes because we had a few extra sprouts of basil and bush beans.
*** this rubric is subject to change at any point as the amount of space needed may vary if more plants are put in the “vacant place holder” spaces.
Our sprout-lets let us know that they were ready to go into the hydro tent so we obliged. The peppers are, of course, taking their time so we did not plant any of those because we are waiting for them to break the surface, but everything else has come up.
Here is an overview picture of our tent with the baskets:
Here are some baskets with sprouts, we filled up the reservoir and added our first set of nutrients. We flooded the table for a bit just to get the plant’s roots wet and get them settled a bit in their new homes with the hydrocorn (things tend to shift after they are placed in the baskets). The timer is currently set for a 16 hour time cycle just like the soil tent. The water reservoir is set for 5 cycles per day currently and will be scaled back once the roots establish and the plants grow some.
They are hard to see, but I promise our little anemic plants are there in the big wide world of hydrocorn pellets.
Peppers (Not Yet Planted, NYP)
Peas/Pepper (NYP)/Bush Bean
Porterhouse Tomato/Vacant/Bell Pepper (NYP)
Cherry Tomato/Lettuce types
The lettuce box was established…
So what we have here is (from left to right):
Romaine / Burpee Bibb / Grand Rapids / Buttercrunch / Red Romaine
Based on how the lettuce box grew last year, I am sure that we should have quite a nice flourishing crop this year.