We concluded our indoor tents bot the hydroponic and the soil tent. The soil tent did very well for it’s inception but there are a few things that I will need to change when I move forward for next year’s tent. In my tent we planted squash, basil, cherry tomatoes, radish, carrot, beans, and some peppers.
Again, the fun thing, for me personally, is just to see the difference in the season. Our all organic approach worked well but it kept clogging up the emitters because of the worm castings.
From this————————-To this:
Over the course of the time the tent was up, we pulled whatever vegetables and fruits we needed but there are some things definitely worth mentioning that were fun.
The squash seemed to do well in the soil and we harvested on the plant several times but over time, because of the footprint of the squash, it started to take up lots of space so… we decided to see if the squash would go vertical. We added a soft netting for it to climb and amazingly, it didn’t argue much with the process and kept giving off more flowers which we fertilized and harvested when we were able to do so.
Overall, there are a few things that I will need to improve and do differently but the tent was a success because we were able to harvest vegetables, herbs and fruit from it during the indoor season. That’s the bottom line.
Here are some bragging pictures: